Thursday, June 25, 2009

Current Events

Well, as the whole world knows, Michael Jackson died today and I'm currently watching his Thriller video on BET where they are showing a bunch of his videos, which they were doing a little bit ago in MTV too. I've actually never seen this from beginning to end and it's pretty cool. Michael certainly had a flare for the theatrical...in all aspects of his life. Although he was really eccentric and had a lot of problems, it cannot be denied that he was a musical genius and had a great influence on music, pop culture and people all over the world. HOLY CRAP I think that's Vincent Price's voice in the background of the video. In fact I know it is. This is great! Sorry. Um, so I think Michael was never really at peace with himself and struggled to come to terms with who he really was. I won't psychoanalyze him any further than that but I hope that wherever he his, he's at peace with himself.
In other news, Ed McMahon (sp.?) and Farrah Fawcett also died this week. Sad times.
Also, I'm still reading Pride and Prejudice and if you haven't read it, I suggest you do. It's pretty good although I hate how people back then seem to circle around a subject forever until they finally get to the point and sometimes when they do get to the point, it seems like they say it in a way that is so filled with fluff and big words that I don't even understand what it is. (Dang, I love the part where Michael looks back with the scary eyes and Vincent Price laughs maniacally.) Anyways I got to a part in the book last night that was really good and I finally got to the bottom of things, which I had been waiting for forever but there's still a little less than half the book to go so I'm wondering what will happen next.
So until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I've only watched Thriller all the way through once. It's pretty amazing. Isn't there a saying that things always come in threes? Creepy.

    I know what you mean about P&P. It takes them 2/3 of the book to get somewhere, and once they do, the last 1/3 of the book moves SO fast! At least, that's what I thought. lol.

    ReplyDelete