I started reading Pride and Prejudice a couple nights ago and I think it's pretty good. For anyone that's read it, I'm just past the ball at Netherfield, which was quite exciting after a chapter or two of boringness. I don't know how to picture any of the characters really though because I don't think the Elizabeths or Mr. Darcies in either of the movie versions are very attractive. But whatever. I really like Mr. Bennet. I think I'd get along with him well and his relationship with Elizabeth reminds me a little of me and my dad. Mrs. Bennet is an annoying busybody and a gossip but it fits. Poor Mary is left out all the time. I have a theory that she is just misunderstood...or slightly mentally retarded lol. Mr. Bingley's cool although a bit oblivious, his sisters are annoying and oh my gosh Mr. Collins! Reading his dialogue is just as boring as I think it would be to meet him and listen to him in real life. He only compliments people to fish for more compliments and he's just gross. The whole Mr. Wickam/Mr. Darcy predicament is pretty interesting and I haven't decided whose side I'm on because I feel I need to hear Mr. Darcy's side. I'm in the same position of confusion as Elizabeth is I guess. So that's that.
The Pain in the title is for today's pain. I had a HORRIBLE backache for a lot of the day for womanly reasons and was miserable and irritable. But it eventually went away and then I got to make a trip to Michael's, which made me happy.
Prognosis. Ugh. I went in for my pre-wisdom teeth appointment today. I watched a video on everything that could go wrong and then I saw my x-ray. The drilling into the bone just is so traumatizing. I was so scared and SO didn't want to hear any more or do anything that I almost started crying. I had a huge lump in my throat for half of the visit trying to hold back tears. It was horrible. My appointment is for July 1st so wish me luck. I'm terrified and mortified...
Well that's all I have for now. Until next time...
I still can NOT believe you haven't read Pride and Prejudice! What a great book. I thought it was so slow in the beginning, but then the last few chapters just fly by. Oh, Mr. Darcy...
ReplyDeleteAnyways, good luck with the wisdom teeth! Eat lots of ice cream! I think you get to do that, right? :]
Yeah, they said to eat ice cream. But I'm still terrified!
ReplyDeleteoh you'll be okay! As long as they knock you out!! Just don't think about what they'll be doing to you - if you can! lol
ReplyDeleteReally though, you've got a week and a half to toughen up - you can do it. :)
Thanks Melissa but when you were talking that one night about how you'd wake up choking on blood and how you got a dry socket and it was like the worst pain of your life, I almost passed out I got so queasy.
ReplyDelete