Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo and Butt Pockets


So, as many of you already know, today is Cinco de Mayo aka a Mexican excuse to drink.  I really don't care.  It was cool that in high school, we were given an extended lunch on this day but not cool that they blared annoying Mexican music (you know that stuff with the accordions and the tuba in the background) the whole time.  I really don't give a flying crap that it's Cinco de Mayo.  Ask most Mexicans around here why they celebrate it and they won't know.  Heck, I don't either but I'm not Mexican so it's not my responsibility to my heritage.
Okay, on to subject number two.  When I woke up today, I put on some pants and was like, "Ugh, butt pocket."  What is this butt pocket?  Well, it's a sort of kangaroo pouch created between you and your pants in the back (as shown by the pic).  I swear, I could carry around a baby in there.  It's SO annoying when shopping for jeans.  I hate shopping for pants because of the dreaded butt pocket.  I swear, it's almost every pair I buy.  I think it's because I'm so dang skinny or because I have an unnaturally swayed back or something.  It's just annoying.  People don't really realize that there are downsides to being so thin.  I'm not trying to complain though.  For example, sometimes, I'll get looks or comments that make me think that people think I have an eating disorder.  Also, when I hit my hip or shoulder on something, it hurts like hell because I have no cushion there.  It's kind of embarrassing when I'll bump into someone with my hip and they are like, "Ouch!  What was that?''  And I'm like, "That was my hip aka my own personal weapon of mass destruction."  I also feel sort of gross sometimes when I look in the mirror.  I'll be like, "gross, I remind myself of those old pics you see of Jews in concentration camps." (I know that's exaggerating, don't worry)  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be the way I am than overweight but sometimes I wish I had just a bit more meat on me.  Also, I think sometimes about guys and what they think of me.  I know that the media makes it look like super skinny is what guys want but I beg to differ.  I don't think they want to feel like they're hugging a bag of sticks.  Maybe that's just me.  Idk.  That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment