Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thoughts

Just thought I'd say that I read Peter Pan on the internet. If you don't know it exists, project Gutenburg is really useful if they have the book you want to read. So I finished it the other night. It's not very long but OMG no one told me it was so sad! The first 3/4 of the book was okay but I felt like it was sort of disjointed and silly and I was getting frustrated that Peter was such a shallow character. I wanted him to be more fleshed out. Now and then there would be little moments where he would have some depth to him but I was frustrated mostly. AND THEN I got to the last 1/4 of the book and well, you can guess what I did. I cried. Of course I cried. Mehlanie can tell you that the smallest emotional surge can make me cry (I cried when Dumbo flew over the castle, okay?). But wow. I've never cried that much in a book! I surprised myself. I could hardly see to read! I just thought it was so tragic how Wendy wanted to stay but knew she couldn't and Peter wanted Wendy to stay but wanted to stay young more and then Wendy wanted so badly for Peter to not forget about her but he did. At least he came back a few times but he forgot about her a lot. I read the version with the "afterthought" on the end about when Wendy grew up. She's grown up and Peter comes to visit her daughter, Jane and Peter is horrified when he sees how different Wendy has become. He feels betrayed and they both want her to be able to go back to Neverland but she's forgotten how to fly! It is one of the most tragic things I've ever read! I didn't even cry nearly that much when people died in Harry Potter. What is up with me? So that's that. And I read it because I was thinking about PP after I met him at Disneyland haha. And I love the movie Finding Neverland so I was like, hmm, I think I'll read it. It's probably not very long. So I did. Wow. And THEN, I was like, you know, I saw that live action PP in the theaters in 2003 when it came out but I don't remember anything from it cuz when I saw it, one of my friends was being RETARDED and made snide comments through the WHOLE movie. SO, I moved it up on the Netflix list and I'm watching it. I'm excited.
In other news, mi familia is gonna leave me alone next week while they go on "vacation" to Utah. I could go with them but I don't want to go back to Utah until absolutely necessary haha. I'm kind of scared I'm gonna get all lonely and depressed. Plus, I don't know what I'm gonna do about food cuz I don't cook. I could try, but that could be a bad thing. So, all of you guys have to keep me company!
Also, Regina Spektor reminds me of a younger Tori Amos. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. :)
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. you cry over EVERYTHING. oh man. anyways, disney made a PP2 (no, really) and its about Peter going back and visiting Jane *I think*. we should watch it. it's probably not sad cause it's Disney, but hey ya never know.

    anyways, I love regina spektor and I'm gonna check out that book website. :] sorry you're home alone! but at least you don't have to go to utah yet... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the PP2 and it is about Peter and Jane. I don't watch Disney sequels. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually pretty decent for a Disney sequel. The feature song for it is really sad.

    ReplyDelete