Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Current Events


Okay, so firstly a comment on my last entry, I didn't specify which costume link it is. It's the Costume Critic's Corner (because I'm a dork like that and made it all alliterative). I probably won't even end up keeping it up because no one will read it. I just sort of created it on a whim so check it out. So, yesterday was my birthday and I'm now 19 and I can't believe it. I graduated from HS over a year ago! Holy crap. I also found out that Spongebob has been running for 10 years! I remember when it first started, which makes me feel old too. It's really cool this time of the year because my best friend's b-day is a day before mine and my mom's is a day after. (Happy birthday guys).
I watched both seasons of Mad Men on the internet a while ago and it's so good! I think you should all watch it. The new season starts August 16th. So excited!
I'm sad summer is nearing it's end. When I think about Provo, all I see it a Tim Burton-esque winter scene. Like living in the movie Sleepy Hollow. Ugh. Hopefully I'll have a good year. I need to take an optimism class or something. It's annoying never being able to see the bright sides of things. :(
On a much happier note, I saw the midnight showing of HP and the HBP last night! I was pleased with it. I thought it was better than the 5th one at least. I'm gonna comment on some particulars now so I'm gonna do what imdb does and put:

BEWARE: HERE BE SPOILERS!!!

Okay, so I kind of wish that they would've put the whole prime minister beginning in it although the bridge scene was cool. Um, I was glad they put the part in where Malfoy steps on Harry's nose. I had completely forgotten about that part. The burrow being burned of course wasn't in the book but I thought that whole scene was a nice touch. I wish they would've put more of the Order of the Phoenix in it. I believe it's Tonks who rescues Harry from the train in the book. Also, the ending battle scene in the Astronomy Tower was completely different. No one from the Order was there like it was supposed to be. But, I still thought it worked pretty well. I only wish the end of the movie weren't so rushed. Dumbledore's death was really quick. I wish they would've gone into more of Riddle's history because it's interesting. They probably thought it would make the movie too long but heck, I sat through three three hour LOTR movies and didn't complain. I'll sit through a 3 hour HP in a heartbeat. The romance and jealousy was done well. One of my favorite scenes was when Harry was comforting Hermione after she sent the birds after him. It was really sweet. Then, I loved the camera pan up to Lavender and Ron and then up to the brooding Malfoy. About Malfoy, I thought Tom Felton did a great job. I was really pleased with it. I just wanted to hug him and tell him it was gonna be okay. He was so scared and alone. :( I sort of have a crush on Tom Felton although he's got this weird thing where sometimes he looks REALLY ugly and at others he looks REALLY good (like the pic above) :) I was really worried they were gonna screw up the Sectumsempra scene too because it was one of my favorite parts in the book and the movie was rated PG so I was like, "how are they gonna do this and not make it hokey." But they did it and it was great. About the PG rating: I think it maybe should've been PG-13. There was a lot of making out, blood, and scary images for a PG movie. Especially in the cave scene. I mean, I and a bunch of other people, screamed in the theater when that hand popped out of the water! Um, the comedy was unexpected but pretty great. When Harry was on the liquid luck, it was great. When Slughorn and Harry were in the greenhouse and Slughorn goes "Harry!" and Harry goes "Sir!" I thought it was hilarious. Oh, and when Harry said "Pincers" later I almost died. It was great. Ohter thoughts: I wish Ginny didn't look so plain. I loved the part where Ron and Harry were talking about girls' skin. I started crying when everyone raised their wands. It was a good substitute for the funeral and fawkes flying over was good too. Fred and George's shop was great. Almost just how I imagined it. Why have they just completely ignored the older Weasley brothers? Oh! I forgot to mention. The actor that plays McClaggen is HOT. OMG! One of the most attractive guys I've ever seen! HE should be Edward. Not effing Rob Pattinson. I hate the casting in Twilight but that's another story so...
that's about all. Questions? Comments? Concerns? I recommend the movie! See it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I haven't seen it yet but I LOVE SPOILERS. So, ha ha ha. I'm excited to watch it!!! DANG!

    I don't care what other people say, I'm very excited...especially for the romance and fight scenes.

    ReplyDelete