Thanksgiving was cool. I went to a roomie's house, same as last year. Her mom is so nice to adopt us for the day! I made deviled eggs again. :)
Stage Door went well. Idk if I've mentioned it on here. They went to ACTF, which is a theater festival in CA. Judges come watch the show and if you're good enough, you get invited. Our actors didn't advance but the makeup and set design did I think. I don't have all the details. Apparently our costume design is moving to the next level too. I'm happy about this but a little bitter that I wasn't told. Whatever. It's cool. So they all went to LA last week while it was freaking COLD here. They went to Dland too, which would have been WAY fun with a bunch of theater geeks.
I went home for Christmas and the weather was great, as usual. My sister adopted an adorable little kitten, which really liked me. It was cute that it liked to sleep with me but it got old really fast cuz it started waking me up. His name is Leo, although me and my dad wanted to name him Lt. Dan after the character in Forrest Gump because he's an amputee and Leo's tail is broken in two places. Downside to this adorable ball of fluff: he gave us all ringworm! So that was fun.
I also went to Disneyland over break with my sisters and my cousin. It was cool. I'd never been during the holiday season. Also, it was really fun to show my sisters a good time, especially Janna cuz she's never REALLY experienced Dland. We actually got along, which was a miracle. Also, Melissa let me borrow her awesome new camera to take some pics on the trip, which was surprisingly nice of her. (I'm super jealous of that camera btw.) We saw World of Color and Fantasmic and did pretty much everything we wanted to do in two days, so it was a success. The only downside was that it was raining the whole time, so it was FREEZING. We couldn't feel our toes. At one point, we could see our breaths! The downside to this was that we froze and a lot of the characters weren't out. The upside was that there were less people in the park than are usually there during the holidays.
School has been kinda stressful and busy. And now Spring Fever is setting in. It is a CHORE to get up in the morning and go to class. Oh man. I must admit I've been skipping some. My classes are okay. Costumes is cool but we're not designing anything yet and I'm getting impatient. Art History is really interesting and my teacher is freaking hilarious. I'm kind of pissed at my TA though because she keeps turning down my term paper proposals. She hasn't approved one yet and the first draft is due in a week! Ugh. Astronomy is pretty cool but it's really hard to stay awake in there cuz it's dark. Today we got into this discussion about the size of the universe and black holes and other planets and possible life on them. I actually asked some questions. It was a really cool discussion. Kind of blew my mind. English is whatever. I'm writing my paper on how Dland revolutionized the theme park industry. I write what I know. (What is that from? I feel like it's from a movie or something. omg, is it Little Women? Maybe.) What else? OH! How could I forget. ITALIAN. Non mi piace la clase di Italiano. E dificile. That means I don't like Italian. It's hard. We're down to the nitty gritty grammar stuff and I hate it! And it's every day! Just one more semester and then I'm done.
In other news, I'm working on a student film that involves a werewolf legend and is set in Romania. Should be fun. Also, I just turned in my design application to work on a main stage next fall. I just found out the season and I'm excited slash scared I'll get something I don't like. I think Elephant Man sounds fun. And I DON'T want one of the children's theater productions.
In other other news, while all of this has been going on, me and my roomies have been apartment hunting. I think we've decided on one. It's nice and a step up but I don't really like that the window looks out on a wood fence. -_- But at this point, we have to jump on a place or stay here. It is nice tho and has washer/drier, which is awesome.
So that's all for now. Just wanted to get an update in. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment