
So I have been suffering from something like bronchitis since about Saturday. It is now Wednesday. I haven' t been able to go to class, which sucks. I mean, I don't particularly like going to class but I don't want to have to make a bunch of stuff up either. I went to the doc Monday and he gave me some Mucinex to help me hack the crap out of my lungs. I don't feel any better and have had cyclical fevers since Saturday. So I went back today and the doc said there are no antibiotics for what I have and that I'll just have to wait it out. He said I just have to wait it out and the fever should start tapering off by the weekend. WHAT? I'm gonna miss a whole week of school! Not. Good. I have a test to take Friday. Hopefully I'll feel good enough to drag myself up to campus and take it. My teachers have been pretty understanding but I got a written excuse from the Dr. just in case. This is miserable.
Anyways, what have I been doing for three days home alone, you ask? Two words: Top Gear. Yup. It's a British TV series that is really funny and I found a site that has almost all the episodes for free. Here's a taste of the Top Gear antics. You may want to fast forward to about 3:00 to get to the actual race and the funnier stuff. Anyways, I decided to do some research on the three hosts just to see what else they've done and how they got involved with the show, if they have kids, etc. So, I was researching Richard Hammond (the short one) and found out that he was in a horrible car crash while shooting a segment for the show. It was one of those land speed cars with the jet engine and fire out the back that you have to slow with a parachute. He crashed at something like 288 mph! Now, Hammond, or "The Hamster" as his co hosts sometimes refer to him as, is my favorite host because he is the most endearing. He is always genuine and has a great smile. And after you watch him fall in love with a car he names "Oliver" in the Botswana special, you can't not love him. So, I had no idea he had gotten in this crash so I read up about it and watched the episode where he returns to the show. Here's a clip, which also shows the crash. I felt so bad for the little Hamster. And then I read that he had brain damage and didn't really know how to use his emotions correctly and he had memory loss. It was so sad cuz he's such a great guy. And THEN, I found out that he had a few autobiographies, one of which is mostly about the crash and his difficult recovery. I read some reviews on Amazon and it has great ones. People say it's touching, funny, sad, and heartwarming. So, because I have this strange infatuation with The Hamster, I naturally wanted to read the book, especially since I am currently sort of bedridden. So, I searched every library in the area online and NONE of them have it! So, I try to apply for interlibrary loan and their system is down! I'm wondering if, at this point, I should just buy it. But then I think, what if I don't like it? I've never read a biography before. So yeah, Idk. Interlibrary loan takes about 10 days to get here and it could be here tomorrow or the next day through Amazon. I just don't know what to do. So yeah. That's that. Here's an adorable video that chronicles Hammond's journey and friendship with Oliver.
How can you not love this man?
Until next time
-Alanna
P.S. I changed by blog layout and I'm not sure about it...but at least it doesn't cut off the sides of my videos anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment