Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life Update


I kinda wanna change the look of my blog. What do you guys think?

Anyway, updates. Classes are okay. I have a couple of tests this week. I have some fun classes this semester too. I'm taking a makeup class, which is fun and I've discovered that eye liner makes my eyes look droopy. Go figure. I'm auditing a millinery class. We just started patterning our hats Friday. I'm excited. That's
the one I'm making from Marie Antoinette but I haven't decided the colors or anything yet. BTW, I watched that movie a while back and actually like it...probably because of the awesome costumes. But the ending was like, that's it!!!
Okay back to life. I'm learning some cool stuff in costume history although the class itself is ki
nda boring. I'm doing a presentation on Colleen Atwood though, which I'm kind of excited about. Not too excited to write the paper that goes along with it though.
Also, I'm Assistant Costume Designer for Ferber and Kaufman's Stage Door this semester, which has been a learning experience and pretty fun. It's my first real thing, meaning I'm gonna be in the program! Yay! The director is awesome. She's the same one who did Tartuffe last year, which was a blast. We're doing some really fun stuff with it, including doing it all in black and white and filming some awesomely corny preshow stuff. I went to filming today and omg, it's gonna be hilarious! I'm excited to do my own show next year. I just hate not knowing what I'm working on or who I'm working with yet! Also, being around the costume shop so much has made me a little less indimidated by the ladies who run it, which is good cuz I used to be terrified by them. I'm still terrified of one of them, but hopefull I'll get over it. :)
Well, that's all for now I think. I need to do laundry tomorrow but there's not church so that makes me happy. I have a test Monday I need to study for too. :( That's all gonna be done tomorrow tho. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment