Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring is Here! (Sort of)

Hey. Again, too long since I blogged last. I am blogging right now while I'm supposed to be in my modern art class. This is because I woke up this morning and had, shall we say, really ouchie womanly pains. By the time the midol kicked in, class was half over and I was like screw it. Yeah, my irresponsibility continues.

Anyways, I managed to pass Italian, which is AWESOME. That was probably the hardest semester I've had so far and I'm so glad it's over. Now it's Spring and I'm taking sewing, which is FOUR hours long MWF, FML and Modern Art, which I'm not really interested in but I need to take an art history class for my minor this semester so I can graduate on time and it's the o
nly one that was offered. I've discovered that once we get past the impressionists, I'm out. Van Gogh is pushing it. Gauguin and Matisse onward is like WHAT WERE THEY DOING. There are a few exceptions like art nouveau tho.

Also, I applied for a job but haven't heard back yet. I'm sort of secretly hoping I don't get it though cuz I hate getting up in the morning.

I am also working on a student film. We had our first shoot last weekend and omg. It was up the canyon in this little valley and it SNOWED. On the last day of April. REALLY UTAH?

The day started like this:


And around 3 or 4 turned into this:


So, they decided to wrap around 5:30. I was kinda relieved cuz I was on about 4 hours of sleep and had been there since 11 and it was really cold and miserable. So everyone started packing up their stuff. THEN it stopped snowing and we weren't wrapping. Then I was pissed.
Side note: I learned something about myself on this shoot. I already knew that when I get really tired, I first get really loopy and silly. Then, I turn into a zombie. What I didn't know is that I can go one step further. I have named it bitch mode. I was unaware that this was possible. It was around 11pm and I totally snapped at the 1st AD. I felt so bad afterwards and was like where the crap did that come from? It was stupid. He wanted to borrow a lantern from craft and I was like, "you guys have plenty of light up there. Look at that!" (In my defense they did have a HUGE like flood light thing and we had two lanterns.) Then I was like, "fine. I'll bring it up with me." I think he understood that I was just tired and cranky tho cuz he was nice to me the rest of the night. Who knew I had a bitch mode?

Anyways, I somehow survived and we left around 12:15. Lame. So I was extremely sore the next day and now I have this random sore throat but no other symptoms. Hopefully it's just from being outside in the cold all day and it's not a cold. This weekend we're shooting until like 5 am tho. Yay. *sarcasm* I'm doing this so I can get experience and stuff for my resume but I don't think I could ever do film as a career. It's so hectic and SO TIRING. Props to the people who can do that.

Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment