Yeah, I wanted an attention grabber for the title...although I don't know how many peoples' attention that would actually grab. It was just something that was on my mind because I was watching that movie last night and will probably finish it tonight. It's actually a pretty good movie. The first time I watched it, I was like 14 or 15 and I was kind of put off by it because it TOTALLY ruined my perception of Mozart. I was like now whenever I play a piece by him, I'm gonna hear that flipping laugh in the back of my head! Also, Quasimodo from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame was also tainted a bit because he's voiced by Tom Hulce. But now I can look past those things and appreciate it more. So updates. Classes are okay. I have to do a scene from a play called "The Diviners" for my acting class. I have to "almost kiss" a guy in my class and it's getting annoying. It's hard enough for me to pretend that I'm attracted to him and then we perform it the other day and the teacher comments that we need to get closer! Ugh. I'll be glad when it's over. It's not that I hate my scene partner or anything. He's pretty cool but I'm just generally uncomfortable with that kind of stuff in the first place and add on top of it that I hardly know this guy and am not attracted to him...it's not great. But other than that embarrassing bit, the class is fun. D&C is rolling along also. Not that interested in church history but whatever. I'm getting it out of the way.
Also, today I started researching for the play I'm assistant costume designing in the fall. I spent four hours in the library with the designer going through books researching mid to late 1930s clothing. I like that kind of stuff so it didn't seem like 4 hours but after standing making all those copies my back and feet were killing me and then it started raining. Actually the weather has been pretty great lately minus the rain today and overcast yesterday. It's supposed to get into the 80s by the end of the week. I'm actually getting to the point where I think of home and 100 degree weather and I kind of want to stay here. But I can't. I need to work and my family is getting antsy without me. Plus, I really miss my dog and I'm going to the UK for a couple weeks! :)
So that's pretty much it for now...other than the fact that my sleep schedule is extremely messed up. I'm trying to fix it though. I was a walking zombie today! I succumbed to a nap from about 4:30 to 6:30 but that's nothing compared to some other days. Hopefully I can get to sleep earlier tonight. Also, Netflix instant streaming is AMAZING. I have recently discovered Arrested Development on there. I finished it already though. It was pretty funny. Okay, now I'm rambling and I need to take a shower and do homework so until next time!
THAT LAUGH. Oh my. Is that really how Mozart laughed? I'm extremely curious...
ReplyDeleteI looked it up and they claimed to have based it on some letters written about him and that described his laugh as grating steel but no one can find evidence to back that up. I read also that it was mainly used as a dramatic device to represent the mocking laugh of God.
ReplyDelete