Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Been a While

Haha. Now that I typed that title in, that one Staind song is in my head. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here. Wow, now that I looked that up, I realize that's I haven't seen that video in forever! It's a pretty good song.
Anyways, I saw that the last time I blogged was like January. Shame on me. So Tartuffe was really fun, despite the fact that I had an unrequited love issue during the production. You know, it really sucks when you are standing a couple feet away from the guy you really like and then his girlfriend walks up to him, complains of a headache to him (to which I think, "I've had a headache for the whole four hours I've been here and I haven't said a thing you harlot! -yeah, me and my friend started calling her a harlot behind her back for the fun of it. Aren't we nice?), and then he takes his head in his hands and kisses her forehead! It's things like that that make you feel like your heart has been ripped out and stepped on. Anyways, I got over him...mostly. haha.
I'm not wallowing in love-life self pity anymore because well...I got a boyfriend. It didn't work out in the end but it was a pretty mild breakup. No crying or anything. It was mutual and we're still friends. Overall, a good thing.
Winter semester went okay. I ended up only going to like 7 of my Bio classes. Oops. But really, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't know I could get away with it. I ended up with a B+ in the class, which is pretty dang good for never really going. I got a B+ in English too, and I never missed a class with that one. Go figure.
So now I'm here for Spring semester. I'm only taking two classes because I planned to work. But the job search is not going so well. It sucks. Not that I want to work, but I need to. Plus, my afternoons are getting really boring. The classes I'm taking are D&C and intro to acting. There have only been three classes so far but my D&C teacher is really funny and there's not much homework...and only one test and one paper. I know how to choose 'em. Or I know how to utilize Rate My Professor.com. I don't have D&C on Fridays so I have the day off tomorrow. I would have acting tomorrow but I got an email from the professor last week that says each year at this time, he takes the acting and music dance theater majors on a trip to LA and New York. So class doesn't start until Monday. I hope it goes okay. I've heard some things about this teacher...like he can be pretty tough. I heard that he's made girls cry before, which terrifies me. But it was either him or this other teacher who I've heard great things about but who teaches at 9:00 am. Yes. I am risking my educational happiness for sleep. We'll see what happens. Also, the class is required for my major but I don't really wanna take it. I don't particularly enjoy acting. I think I'm pretty good when I'm with a few people I know really well or if I'm rehearsing alone. But, when I get in front of people, I think I lose it. Joke night + Blythe Spirit + me = complete breaking of character and uncontrollable giggles onstage. NOT GOOD. Again, I really hope it's not too bad.
I'm living in the same apartment but we only have 4 girls now. Four of us moved out and 2 moved in so me and one other girl have the room to ourselves. It's nice that I have the extra space and don't have to worry about bugging someone with my music or waking them up. It's also nice not to have to go to the bathroom to change. But, it's kind of lonely at the same time. My new roomies are sisters and aren't very similar to me and they actually have lives. They always have people over, which is annoying cuz then I can't walk around in my pajamas or robe. I've probably said like 5 sentences to each of them since they've moved in which was nearly a week ago. It's weird. I just don't feel comfortable with them. I mean I don't even walk around in my robe with them and I did that all the time with my old roommates. Ugh. I can hear them studying scriptures together right now in the next room and it makes me feel really unrighteous. Whatever. They're both nice...I don't know them very well but they seem nice enough. It could be a lot worse.
Spring has finally come...sort of. Last week it rained like crazy for one day and hailed a little. I think it was the first time I had ever seen hail. Then, it rained/hailed yesterday and a little today and it's supposed to snow/rain tomorrow. So I guess that's sleet right? I'd rather refer to it as sh*t. It's because it can't decide whether it wants to rain or snow so it just sends down a bunch of wet, slushy sh*t. Thus, when it happens, I think to myself, "Crap. It's sh*tting outside. BUT the flowers are beautiful. It's hard to believe that just a month or so ago this place was a desolate winter wasteland of dead trees. So many of the trees here have flowers on them! It's so awesome. And there are lots of tulips. Lots of stuff that won't grow at home cuz it's too hot. I took some pics the other day and they're pretty good cuz I finally figured out how to use the macro on my camera. I'll leave you a picture of the magnolia blossoms. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment