Saturday, December 5, 2009

Almost Break!


Okay, so my last post was depressing, I know. I'm over it...mostly. Anywho, the week after next is finals which I'm NOT looking forward to but then it's Christmas break! Yay! I'm probably most excited for the weather and my dog. Is that bad? Haha. I guess my dog cuz I can't keep up with him on the phone and Facebook like I do with the rest of my family. School's been kinda hectic. I was on campus for 11 hours Thursday but part of that was because I saw Children of Eden on campus, which was awesome. I can't believe the talent that comes out of this place! The costumes were a tad disagreeable tho. BYU Arts - Children of Eden (Matinee) Checkout the slideshow video at the bottom. The biblical costumes were okay but the flipping ensemble costumes drove me crazy. You can see some of the tie-dye from them under everyone's costumes in the pics. The first pic with Adam, Eve, and Father. The clothes Adam and Eve are wearing...yep. That's them. Kakis and tie-dye. When I first saw the production photos before the play opened I assumed those were make shift costumes until they finished the real ones. Nope. But I will say they all had great voices. Eve had a strong twang to her like Faith Hill. Father was awesome and had a great range. The girl with the short brown hair standing with the guy with the staff-that's Noah and his wife. She had the GREATEST voice, this sultry low lounge singer voice that went up into gospel in "Ain't it Good?" WOW. It unfortunately doesn't have pics of them in the slideshow but Japheth and Yonah's duet was beautiful. They had an impressive kiss too! haha The animal scene was awesome. Props to Rachel on her work with the animals. It was like Lion King but a smaller scale. Here's some pics from her FB. The song at the end of Act I, "Children of Eden" I think was beautiful. They dimmed the lights and everyone had little hand-held candles. It was great. I teared up. Okay, that's enough gushing from me. Speaking of costume designs tho, I did my first one! That's it up there. Now I have to do 6 more for my final for "Pygmalion." It's gonna be brutal but I'm excited at the same time.
Well that's all for now I think. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment