My Alice costume is coming along slowly but surely. I got the sleeves done but then put them on and they were HUGE! I could store babies in there or something! So last night, I decided to redo them and make them smaller. Then, today I snuck into the sewing lab to work on it even thought I'm not supposed to because I'm not in a sewing class. I was in there for about 20 minutes before I was caught and kicked out. So tomorrow I'm gonna try to go to my friend's house and my goal is to finish the sleeves and the skirt tomorrow. Then, I just have the apron...and the petticoat (if it needs one) and the hair ribbon. But hopefully it works out. :)
It is fall now definitely. We had a warm spell this weekend where it was in the 70s and it was really nice. But now, it's back to cold and I think it's gonna stay that way. Right now it's only in the 50s and 60s tho so I'd better enjoy it while I can I guess. Here's a pic I got the other day:
One more thing. Recently I had to do research boards for my costumes class, which were really stressful, more work than I thought they were gonna be, and I was up until 4 in the morning Sunday night doing them, only to find out that they weren't due till WEDNESDAY! So what happened was that the syllabus said Monday but the teacher accidently said Wednesday in class. I followed the syllabus and NOT the teacher's mistake. But, he let people turn them in on Wednesday anyways. I was SO pissed! I think the people that did turn it in on Monday should get extra credit but that's not gonna happen. Anyways, that's a tangent. The "one more thing" I wanted to talk about is this:

Don't be alarmed. I know it is a painting of a naked young man. What happened was I was researching paintings for my costumes project and I came across this painting. I fell in love with it for some reason. Not because he's naked! Warning, I am about to wax sentimental here. I think it's because he looks so vulnerable. You can sort of see into his soul and you just wanna ask him what's wrong, let him cry on your shoulder and tell him everything's gonna be okay. I think that appeals to me so much because as of now, I think boys are impossible. You never know what they're thinking and some of them are really hard to read (i.e. the one I currently have a crush on). I just like the momentary vulnerability I guess. Think what you will but I like it! Until next time the two or three of you that read this...
I really like reading your blog! And also, I like that painting too, and why you like it.
ReplyDelete