Thursday, August 20, 2009

News Update

So what's going on right now? I'm leaving to go back to Provo in like less than two weeks, which I have mixed feelings about. I'm excited for the nice weather...which will last for like 2 seconds before it gets all Tim Burton on me. I'm excited to see my friends. I'm interested to see what my classes will be like, who's in them and what the professors will be like but other than that, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm also hoping I meet some guys that well, actually notice me and are not completely creepers...
In other news, I created a disney blog as I said I would. No one reads it, which is depressing but it's fun for me. Again, I know so much useless information. It's just unfortunate that it doesn't matter. Google is pissing me off because they won't index my blogs, which means they won't get crawled, which means no one can find them by using the google search bar. UGH.
Also, I just discovered the short lived Clare Danes series "My So Called Life" and I watched it all in two days. There's only one season. :( It's SO good! It has a couple of problems but it was the complete opposite of teen shows at the time like "Saved by the Bell." Here's where I discovered it. He has some great comments on it. Check out the rest of the blog. It ROCKS! (If you grew up in the 90s anyways.) Here's a peek at it:





Basically, it rocks. (Oh and thanks to Mehlanie for teaching me how to embed the vid). The consensus seems to be that it was before it's time, which is why it was cancelled. In fact, there was so much fan protest that they seriously thought of bringing it back. Too bad that by that time, Clare Danes was already involved in other projects and couldn't come back. So sadly, the series ends with unanswered questions but I'd highly recommend it. Here's the whole series on Hulu. Thank you Hulu!
Oh! And I finally finished Pride and Prejudice. It was pretty good. A HELL of a lot better than Wuthering Heights. UGH. And the weird thing is that after I finished it, I realized that there was not ONE kiss throughout the ENTIRE book and it still managed to be pretty romantic. I thought that was interesting. So I was able to watch the movie, tonight in fact because it's always on Oxygen. It was pretty good and they did put a kiss at the end of the movie and they did it really classy. I liked it and I usually don't like Kiera Knightly.
So that's all I can think of right now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment